1. Start by removing your bed linens and the zippered mattress cover to access the air chambers. At the Head of the bed, remove the Head Foam Boarder Wall to access the air hose connections. You will see the air connectors below the foam boarder wall.
2. Next, remove the air hose by pushing in the Button of the Connector to Pull and Remove the Air Hose from the Air Chamber. This step can be tricky because if the connector has a Hair line crack in it the connector may break off leaving half of the connector inside the hose and half still connected to the air chamber.
3. If you are able to remove the connector, be sure to inspect the F-236 Push Button Connector Fitting on the inside to see if you can see a hair line crack that may be forming. This area is prone to cracking because of the Pressure of the Foam Boarder Wall pressing down on the Fittings.
4. After inspecting the Air Bed Parts Connector Fittings, Switch the air hoses from the Left to Right Side, being sure to switch the remote controls too so you will be adjusting the correct sides of the bed in dual units. Leave the air hoses connected for a couple of nights to see what you find.
This will do two things, allow you to see if the same air chamber leaks air, or if the other side of your Compare to Sleep Number® Bed begins to leak air.
- If the Same Side of of your Bed is Leaking Air after this test, you can bet you have an Air Chamber Leaking on that side.
- If the other side Begins to Leak Air, you may have a Air Leak in the Air Bed Pump or Connector Hose on that side.
Either way, the first thing you can do (and least expensive) is to Replace your F-236 Air Bed Parts Connector.
If you happen to find that the connector is not your issue, replacing your pump or air chambers may be needed.
If you would like to replace only the part that is leaking, you can purchase an adaptor hose to connect our air bed parts to your existing Compare to Sleep Number® Bed pump or air chambers. These Connector hoses are available to make the repair simple and inexpensive to do.
Upgrading your mattress with one of our Air Bed Repair Parts Bundles can be a quick way to get all the extras you need at one low price. Bundle and Save.
You may contact us at any time for assistance via Email through our contact us page with your Repair Questions.
Contact us by Phone from 9am to 8pm CST for Customer Service or to Place an Order 314-599-2777